FRBR and RDA Training Resources List
Use this list to access FRBR and RDA documentation beyond UC San Diego. For local UC San Diego FRBR and RDA documentation and training visit this link.
1. FRBR, FRAD, FRSAD at IFLA web site
2. Presentation Files
3. Recorded Webcasts
- Barbara Tillett: "FRBR: Things You Should Know, But Were Afraid to Ask" (03/04/2009, RUNNING TIME: 57 minutes)
- DESCRIPTION: This presentation for non-catalogers is intended to present basic concepts and benefits of using the FRBR conceptual model (Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records) in resource discovery systems.
- James P. Ascher and Peter J. Rolla: Don’t Tilt at Windmills, an Active Learning Approach to Teaching FRBR, archived webinar (December 1, 2010)
4. Reference Tools
- "Understanding FRBR: What it is and how it will affect our retrieval tools" / edited by Arlene G. Taylor (2007)
- "FRBR: a guide to the perplexed" / Robert L. Maxwell (2008
RDA Overview and Background
1. Presentation Files
2. Recorded Webcasts
- Karen Coyle: ALA TechSource Workshop: Session 1: "New models of Metadata" (10/27/2010, RUNNING TIME: 90 minutes) ; PowerPoint presentation file
- Christine Oliver: ALA TechSource Workshop:Session 2: "RDA: Designated for Current and Future Environments" (11/10/2010, RUNNING TIME: 90 minutes) ; PowerPoint presentation file
- Diana Hillman: ALA TechSource Workshop: Session 3: "RDA Vocabularies in the Semantic" (11/27/2010, RUNNING TIME: 90 minutes) ; PowerPoint presentation file
- Barbara Tillett: "Cataloging Principles and RDA: Resource Description and Access" (06/10/2008, RUNNING TIME: 49 minutes) ; Webcast transcript
- DESCRIPTION: The second in a series on RDA: Resource Description and Access, the next generation cataloging code designed for the digital environment. This presentation deals with the cataloging principles that have influenced the development of RDA; the challenges they present to the international sharing of bibliographic and authority data; and the challenges they present to the developers of RDA.
- Barbara Tillett: "Resource Description and Access: Background / Overview" (05/14/2008, RUNNING TIME: 67 minutes) ; Webcast transcript
- DESCRIPTION: RDA (Resource Description and Access), the next generation cataloging code designed for the digital environment, is under development. This presentation provides background on its development and a general overview of the conceptual models, international principles, and structure of this new code.
RDA: Changes from AACR2
1. Presentation files:
2. Recorded webcasts:
OCLC and RDA
Library of Congress
- Barbara B. Tillett and Judith A. Kuhagen's training on RDA at "Georgia Cataloging Summit," Aug. 9-10, 2011
- Judith A. Kuhagen. "RDA Overview," presentation at SLA, June 14, 2011
- Judith A. Kuhagen. "Serials and RDA: An Ongoing Relationship," preconference, St Louis, MO, June 1, 2011
- Barbara B. Tillet. "RDA Seminar," at University of Florence, Italy, May 30-1 June, 2011